Options

Passed 70-246, completed MCSE Private Cloud

Just passed this test with a low 800 score. I started studying for this right after I completed my CISSP; late December. Total study time was one month. I've worked with VMM and Ops Manager for a while but the other products were new to me. I deployed the lab which was painful given the zillion pre-reqs. Got frustrated with the Unified Installer and ended up doing everything manually. Takes longer it is a great exercise and you definitely learn more. I have a full catalog of things that will impede the installation icon_smile.gif

I took the test for two reasons:
1. Since I had all the pre-reqs, passing by 1/31/2013 would give me MCSE Private Cloud
2. I had a Second Shot so if I failed I had until may to retake

Having said that, I am a bit disappointed with the test. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to pass. You absolutely don't need to be an expert in the products. It focuses on fairly basic things on each one. Another extremely important thing is that you should know how all the pieces integrate and interact with each other.

Resources
- Get Certified on MCSE Private Cloud with this FREE Step-by-Step Study Guide! #hyperv #PrivateCloud #sysctr - IT Pros ROCK! at Microsoft - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
- Microsoft Private Cloud Computing: Aidan Finn, Hans Vredevoort, Patrick Lownds, Damian Flynn: 9781118251478: Amazon.com: Books
- Private Cloud Jump Start (01): Introduction to the Microsoft Private Cloud with System Center 2012
- System Center 2012 Self-Study Guide (Part 1 - System Center Overview) - Midnight Musings of a Technical TAM - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
- Microsoft System Center Suite

On to the GCWN now.

Comments