Options

cisco jobs salary question.

SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you were familiar with Cisco salaries? i have been contacted by recruiters who are promising contract / contract to hire jobs in RTP for tier 1 noc position @ 18/hr tier2 noc position 23/hr....i know that the recruiter will take their cut i was just wondering how much are they taking

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Soulreaver wrote: »
    i know that the recruiter will take their cut i was just wondering how much are they taking
    does it really matter? knowing how much others make on you does not help sleep better at night... just make sure you are happy with the money you are getting...

i'm not familiar with network positions and their pay, so no comments on the actual dollar figures there
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Hi guys,

I have a question that is relevant here(about CCNP salaries) so I'm not going to start a new thread and just go on and ask here. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if having 2 or 3 CCNPs instead of one makes a significant difference regarding the pay check. I am well aware that it depends not only on your certifications but also on your experience and job responsibilities. I was just wondering if, for example, you're in R&S but have another CCNP in, let's say, Security and Design brings you more cash?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Certification does not equal money. Having a certification can help you get a job that pays X amount, but it's not an indutry pay scale that goes up and down depending on certification.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I get paid give or take the same as CCIE's that are on my team...imo at a certain points the cert does not really matter that much anymore.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    I get paid give or take the same as CCIE's that are on my team...imo at a certain points the cert does not really matter that much anymore.

I couldn't agree more (I'm in the same position).....BUT, if you had your CCIE, do you not think you'd get a fair raise? My employer has agreed to a 20% raise with a lab pass- so even though I make "CCIE'ish" salary, I could make a fair amount more with one.

And networker hit it on the head- to me, certs are nothing more than the letters that get you the interview. From there, you're the one who has to prove yourself, and justify your new salary. Truthfully, you could have 30 certs and get the paid the same as someone with 4...it all depends on how good you can sell yourself.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I think I could get more money with an IE but most likely not at my current gig...at this point I only have a bit more then 3 years as solid Network Engineer experience so I am realistic about what my salary is. Like I said even if I had my IE I would most likely get about the same...I am not complaining thought, conquered my 100k+/year before 30 goal icon_wink.gif

sorry for the late response
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures