Options

[SOLVED]ESXi Error Unable to Add Storage

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Hello guys,I am having an issue with my ESXi server. I keep getting an error when I try to add another storage to the server. see screenshot of the error.The 2nd screenshot is the "fdisk -l" command. And the 3rd screenshot is the "ls /vmfs/devices/disks/" command.I am pretty much stuck at this point, and unable to add my 750GB HDD to the ESXi.Is there a way to add my 750GB HDD to ESXi?I installed the ESXi on 250GB that came with my HP N54L microserver. I didn't get any issues during the installtion, except for the issue I am having now.Thanks,thm
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the storage local hard drives or on a SAN?

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Thank for the reply peanutnoggin. It is local hard drive. I think I fixed my issues. I am going to post what I did just in case someone encounters the same issue.

Basically, I used "fdisk -l" to find the disk I wanted to add to ESXi; and I used " partedUtil mklabel /dev/disks/t10.ATA_____WDC_WD7501AALS2D00E8B0________________________WD2DWMATW0192864 msdos"
    At this point, I was able to add the drive to ESXi.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker