Options

USB to Ethernet on W2K8 R2

PsychoCiscoPsychoCisco Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have installed three w2k8 R2 and a Win 7 on virtualbox on my PC and the main OS is Ubuntu. I have been trying to do some labs on them but can't get my usb to ethernet adapters to work on them VMs. They work just fine on Ubuntu. on all VMs those adapters are installed properly but says cable's disconnected even though all cables are properly connected to an Ethernet Switch.

And there is no option on Virtualbox to select other than selecting etho eth1 etc etc

Has anyone tried this for MCSA or any other lab environment?

These adapters are used to connect GNS3 routers to Cisco switches and they work fine too.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    It's all good I resolved the issue using VMware worstation now all VMs have their own individual network connections separate from my other network :)
  • Options
    nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just set my nics within VM to bridge unless your wanting to have a completely separate network....
  • Options
    Yeah I needed a completely separate network. Because with NAT you get IP address from the host and with bridged connection you get the IP address from the local DHCP/Gateway, unless of course you assign an IP address right. But I wanted to isolate these Servers and Clients completely. I'm glad they're working the way I wanted.

Not sure why I couldn't do it on Virtualbox maybe I didn't do it the right way.