Options

Has anyone bought the new Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Third Edition book?

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
Has anyone bought the new Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Third Edition book? If so whats the difference from the Second Edition especially with the increase in pages.....
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I'm curious as well, and I might just pick it up since I need something for the bookshelf. No rumbles on the official CISSP except everyone bemoaning over the jacked up kindle price and distribution.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Umm..well this is odd.

I tried to place an order for it (the hard copy) on Monday. It was scheduled for tomorrow, but then Amazon cancelled it even though they made a tracking number. This is the first time it's happened in my 10 years of Amazon shopping.

Plus one can't get the kindle version because only three chapters are being offered. What is going on?
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    The guy that organizes the Central Ohio ISC2 Chapter had one that he passed around at yesterdays monthly meeting. I didnt look at it since I already have the second edition and have passed the exam, it was more for folks wanting to glance through it that don't have the cert yet and I didnt want to horn in on that.

He did say that they had all the domains available, but I dont think he meant Kindle, I think they are only available like as PDF direct from ISC2 if I'm not mistaken. It makes sense to buy them this way if you are in need of only a couple domains to complete your studies. Buying the whole thing as a hard copy makes more sense if you need the whole thing.