Introduction

Free99Free99 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, just would like to introduce myself. I'm Active Duty Army, currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I'm 29 and originally from the burbs of Chicago. I'm 25C/Radio Operator Maintainer, but I also do a lot desktop trouble shooting, baselining, and ticket submissions. I've been in the Army almost 3 years and managed to make SGT. I currently have Net+, Sec+, and WIN7 Configuring. I'm currently on the verge of obtaining my Bachelor's Degree from Columbia Southern University as well. I look forward to getting advice from all the wonderful members and giving some good advice as well. If anyone has any questions I will gladly answer them to best of my ability. Thanks for reading my intro!

Comments

• instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    As a former 25B, my advice to you is to figure out what you like to do, and study it hard.

What is your Bachelor's in?

Have you thought about your Master's yet?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Free99Free99 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah a 25B, yea in my battalion we all do each others work as far as commo goes. I've taught 25B how to set up an OE254 and they taught some things as well, we all work together. My bachelors is in Information Tech. It pretty much has covered many things like project management, network security, and sys analysis. Nothing too specific but that's why I like certifications. I'm interested in Network security as well as AD server. Still trying to figure out what it is i really want to do. Going for my 70-640 in May.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I have never seen commo guy setup a 254. Another task we infantry got stuck with when 30 ofus weren't standing around trying to setup a GP-large tent. icon_rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the board. You'll see a lot of prior service here. Especially 25 series and chAir Force guys. This is probably one of the best places to seek information on IT skill/career progression.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Free99Free99 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SteveLord wrote: »
    I have never seen commo guy setup a 254. Another task we infantry got stuck with when 30 ofus weren't standing around trying to setup a GP-large tent. icon_rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the board. You'll see a lot of prior service here. Especially 25 series and chAir Force guys. This is probably one of the best places to seek information on IT skill/career progression.
    Awesome, yea from what I hear the infantry guys could do a lot of tasks like setting up an OE254 or uploading commsec to a radio. It is a 10 level task but not a lot of people know how to do it. I have much respect the infantry and 82nd guys since I am on Fort Bragg. I realized that when I googled about my exams this forum constantly came up so I figured I'd sign up. From what I've been reading, most people here seem very friendly and helpful.
  • Anthony23Anthony23 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to all my friends i am new here i recently join this great community this is great forum to getinformation i read out all the threads on this forum and get pretty knowledge and also shared my knowledge in this forum....
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Welcome to the forum, free. icon_study.gif
  • tech_stonetech_stone Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone I want to introuduce myself to the forum. I am tech_stone and like everyone on this forum, I am super passionate about computers and networks. I currently work at a school managing a computer lab and providing technical support for the building. I have a masters degree in Information Systems from Devry and I am looking forward to learning and sharing with you guys.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Welcome to the forum also stone. Hope you enjoy your stay here. icon_study.gif