Dancourses subnetting method?

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just started studying from his youtube videos and was wondering if anyone has used them and found them good for the ICND1 exam. He seems to teach it pretty well. I just have to keep practicing until I can get it down fast for the test. Just wondering.
Thanks guys.

Comments

• boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whatever method you can do that comes quickly and naturally to you is going to be best. It looks like Dan teaches the magic number method which is extremely common, so it's not like you're in any danger learning it. As I've mentioned in other threads, I think understanding subnets at the binary level is the most important thing towards understanding any of the magic number or other systems that people have developed. Those systems work, and they work fantastically for subnetting quickly, but I find that understanding why they work is just as important in helping you understand subnetting as a whole.
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much, that makes sense. A friend of mine said the same thing, start with Binary and subnetting as a whole and then if you want to try one of those quick methods thats fine but make sure you know whats going on behind the scenes of it. Thanks so much.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never checked out Dan's courses for subnetting, however he make great videos so I am sure he will teach it well. Personally, I used the cbtnuggets method.
    Yea I heard the cbt nuggets method is good too. I heard its a long method though and you need to have it down fast for the test.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Once you get it down you can do it all in your head really quickly, and you even begin to find your own shortcuts. That goes for any subnetting method
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I learned subnetting off of Dans courses. His videos work.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino