Options

Passed ICND2

W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just passed ICND2 yesterday after a second attempt. I just barely missed by one question the first time so I decided to use the ciscopress material that WGU provided me with to study for the exam. Prior to that I was just using packet tracer for labbing. I passed with a 902 out of 1000 the second try and I think I'm going to stick with the study material from now on. It basically only took me two extra days of studying with the right material to pass the exam and I felt a lot more comfortable with the simulations after the ciscopress labs showed me where I was making most of my mistakes. I've got to say, it feels pretty good to have my CCNA.

I don't intend to go into the networking field but it's always good to be well rounded as a sys admin and the CCENT just felt incomplete without ICND2. As far as immediate goals, I'm going to finish my degree which will include getting Security+ and my MCSA. I'm also going to knock out the RHCSA and RHCE one of these days. As far as cisco, I'm going to eventually get my CCNA security since I work with ASA 5505 firewalls at my job and the knowledge could be pretty useful.

I've also got to say that simulations are crucial for this exam. And not just simulations, but knowing exactly what you will be expected to configure and troubleshoot for this exam. Just playing around with packet tracer didn't do anything for me. I actually got 100% in ACL, NATing, WAN and IP addressing sections on the first exam but in the two sections that ask you to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches, I got 50% and 67% and didn't quite cut it. There didn't seem to be more than two or three simulations but I guess they count for a lot.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job, congrats!
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    awesome man i bet it does feel good im hoping to pass my icnd 2 first go
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    dlereauxdlereaux Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    roberthockroberthock Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I cant wait to take my ICND2.
    CCNP: Switch [X] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
  • Options
    mohcommohcom Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats -- good luck with your future career plans!
    - CCNP (Work In Progress)
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+
    - B.S. Computer Science (Info. Systems Security)
  • Options
    traceyketraceyke Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    W Stewart wrote: »
    I've got to say, it feels pretty good to have my CCNA.

That should be Cisco's official motto for the CCNA.
  • Options
    fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice, congrats!
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congratulations
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats. I can't wait to get that super cool card in the mail. It certainly beats this CCENT card.
  • Options
    jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    .. so I decided to use the ciscopress material that WGU provided me with to study for the exam

What is the WGU material? I just failed this test, and I'm looking for some supplementary materials.

Thanks!