Options

CCNET prep

Amp776Amp776 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
About three weeks ago, I started studying for the CCNET exam. Right now I reading Todd Lammle's study guide and I've gotten to a part of the book were he suggests that I have some actual equipment or some sort of simulator for hands on. He says that 2600 series router (actual or sim) would be fine for the purposes of stydying for the CCNET exam and for what he's going to teach. My problem is I don't have access to a 2600 IOS for GNS3 but I was given Packet Tracer 5.3.3 by a friend. Would using Packet Tracer in lieu of 2600 series router sim be ok for studying/hands on and passing the CCNET exam?

Comments

• Options
    mohcommohcom Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having actual lab equipment is great but I think Packet Tracer has everything you need for both, CCENT as well as CCNA. I think the main purpose is to learn the different commands (i.e. command used to configure a specific interface, setup a trunk link, show controllers, etc). Good luck...
    - CCNP (Work In Progress)
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+
    - B.S. Computer Science (Info. Systems Security)
  • Options
    Amp776Amp776 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the CCENT, i cant think of anything you need that PacketTracer doesn't have. I am finding small limitations here and there for CCNA level stuff. But if you can't get your hands on real equipment, PacketTracer is excellent IMO
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8