Options

Icnd2 fail

jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
So as the title suggests, I just failed the ICND 2. I am more than disappointed.

I took this week out of work to review all the material and focus on areas in which I felt week. I have been studying on/off for the past 12 months after passing ICND 1, but have been very focused for the past 4 months, studying nearly every day.

I went into the exam sure I would pass, and I felt very confident throughout the entire test. I used nearly all the time, I had less than 5 minutes remaining when the exam ended.

My problem is I don't know where to go from here!!

The exam report below shows me where my weakest areas were.
  • Configure, verify & troubleshoot a switch with VLANS and inter-switch communications. 80%
  • Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements in a medium-size enterprise branch office network. 88%
  • Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices 53%
  • Implement, verify and troubleshoot NAT and ACL on medium-sized enterprise branch office network 83%
  • Implement and verify WAN links. 67%
Whats troubling about this is that I know WAN/Frame very well, and I was very sure about all the questions on the exam. Additionally, I have been working with Cisco gear for 6 years now, and I'm very well versed with configuration and operation from a basic to advanced level- but obviously this does not cover all the questions on the exam1

Can anyone offer any advice, or suggest a path of study before my next attempt give the facts above? My earliest re-take is 2/14 and that's when I plan test again. I have been using the Wendell Odom book, CBT nuggets, and plenty of lab time with PT & GNS3.

Thanks All!!

Comments

• Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My recommendation is to get the Boson ExSim-Max for ICND2. It helped me a lot.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    since you know your solve them so as they will will not occur again.

every thing is possible dont worry
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The test was not in vain. You found your weaknesses.
    The next time you take the test, these should be your highest scoring areas:
    Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices 53%
    Implement and verify WAN links. 67%
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Don't give up! You'll pass next time, it's not like you need that much.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    It took me 4 tries to pass this exam so don't get discouraged. I would have passed on my 3rd attempt, but the set of questions I got that time was SO much harder than the other 3 exams. I had my own home lab along with all the resources that WGU provided. If you do not have a Safari bookshelf subscription, I would highly recommend that for being able to focus on a single topic. You can read up on just the WAN sections from every book they have. The CCNA Exam Cram book was very useful for my passing attempt.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't give up! The CCNA is a GREAT certification and one that will help your career and make yourself proud. Keep at it
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    My recommendation is to get the Boson ExSim-Max for ICND2. It helped me a lot.

I second this, this is a great program to find the weak areas and they explain it in detail. I love Boson's stuff a lot.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yesterday I failed my CCNA:S, I studied like crazy and I have a lot of experience, I used Boson and the exam simulation was good, the problem I got is I read very SLOW in english and I run out of time, 9 questions left without answer it, I failed for 21 misserable points (a couple of more questions I would pass), SO I LOST ALL MY CERTS, they expired today.

Anyway I am study again the same exam for next Saturday ($250), si keep going.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Don't let this wear you down, just because you fail this time means you'll fail next time. Just hit the aspects you've been weak and you know what ?failure shows you where you are weak.. now that you know where some work has to be done, put your best into it and nail the cert bro
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice