Options

My OSCP Journey

technosecuritytechnosecurity Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

i am glad to tell u all that infosec bug has bitten me (LOL) thats why i have decided to go for OSCP.i am a network security engineer who usually use to work on router,switches,firewalls. as a security person i was always thinking how corporate network servers (asterisk,exchange,database etc) got attacked or sniffed.and we use to get to know only when password gets changed or impt directory gets deleted or copied.than i realized that we are good enough to understand our firewall from inside interface but what about outside interface,how a hacker finds vulnerability and what mechanism he uses to attack the servers.when i started my journey than came to know about some termnology like metasploit,payload,etc.

i have never done programming in my life but after doing research i came to know that yes one should know programming for going deep in securty.so these days i am doing python n became member of spse (vivke ramchandran).it is helping me a lot.now i can understand why python is used for network.tcp/udp port scanner, how to know subnet mask through python,arp reply,buffer overflow etc. all these topics are covered in his study material.

today is 10/feb/13 ill spend this month on studying python. and than in march 1st week ill get registered with PWB/OSCP and ill go for 90 days.friends plz gude me am i in right directon.

Thx