Options

Passed CCENT!

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed CCENT !!!

Now on to ICND2...but not happy and relieved yet coz heard ICND2 is even more difficult...another BIGGG hurdle before I get a CCNA certification!!!

For those preparing for CCENT..ask me anything about the exam and preparation tips..I am happy to help :)

For those who have passed ICND2..please help me to prepare well !!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with ICND2. I have it scheduled in a few weeks but may need more time. I am going through CBT nuggets and may use a book afterwards depending how things go. I also have the Boson Exam Maxx tests. what materials did you use and what did you use for subnetting. I'd love to push through CBT nuggets and Packet Tracer over the next couple of weeks and take the test since Im not working anyway.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great job! Half way there good luck!
  • Options
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with ICND2. I have it scheduled in a few weeks but may need more time. I am going through CBT nuggets and may use a book afterwards depending how things go. I also have the Boson Exam Maxx tests. what materials did you use and what did you use for subnetting. I'd love to push through CBT nuggets and Packet Tracer over the next couple of weeks and take the test since Im not working anyway.

I plan to take ICND2 before the end of March.I have ODOM's ICND2,Tood Lammle's books.For practice tests I have Examcram by Jeremy Ciora (which is pretty good )and I got to buy the Exsim Max for ICND2.

For ICND1,I went through each and every chapter twice from ODOM's ICND1,some chapters from Lammle.Questions sets from Boson (which came with the Odom's book),Exam cram by Jeremi Ciora,Ex-sim max for ICND1.Also had Transcender's exam sets but they were not that great.For subnetting,Lammle's book helped me a lot and for this particular topic this book is far better than Odom's.For all other topics I liked Odom's book better.Also practised subnetting from subnetting.com.

Good luck to you too for ICND2.Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same :)

Cheers icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok thanks so much and I will keep you posted, man I got to get cracking on this. I have the lammle book too, I'm thinking of just cramming that for a few weeks with Packet Tracerand the Boson Exam Max maybe. Good luck on ICND2, I'm sure you will do well.
  • Options
    ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    Congrats!
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • Options
    IrqVetIrqVet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the CCENT man!!. I'm in a course right now at my local community college for Cisco Exploration 1 - Network Fundamentals and then sometime during March I will begin taking Cisco Exploration 2 - Routing Protocols and Concepts. Do you think these courses will prepare me for taking the CCENT? What was the test like? How many questions were on it? Sorry for the detective approach of the questions icon_lol.gif

Our instructor gave us a folder of files called Cisco 1. In the Cisco 1 folder it has ICND 1 Video folder with lots of videos in it and a Train Signal Cisco CCNA Training Videos folder. I've just started watching the ICND 1 Part 1 Train Signal series.
  • Options
    Well I don't know about your course,but ICND1 does need a LOT of detailed study.You should take your time,understand well each chapter/topic and then move on to the next.You cannot afford to miss a single paragraph from the Odom's or whichever book you are studying.Then for practice take as many tests as possible to assess yourself and your understanding of the concepts and then go back and study again if needed.As for the tests,you have 50 questions to answer in 90 minutes.Visit the Cisco website for more details about the syllabus and the test.Hope that answers your question icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IrqVet wrote: »
    Congrats on the CCENT man!!. I'm in a course right now at my local community college for Cisco Exploration 1 - Network Fundamentals and then sometime during March I will begin taking Cisco Exploration 2 - Routing Protocols and Concepts. Do you think these courses will prepare me for taking the CCENT? What was the test like? How many questions were on it? Sorry for the detective approach of the questions icon_lol.gif

Our instructor gave us a folder of files called Cisco 1. In the Cisco 1 folder it has ICND 1 Video folder with lots of videos in it and a Train Signal Cisco CCNA Training Videos folder. I've just started watching the ICND 1 Part 1 Train Signal series.

CCENT is pretty easy compared to ICND2. As you can see from this forum allot of people pass CCENT here, if you want the cert use the study materials everyone else on here uses, and go pass it. I used CBTNuggets, Todd Lammles CCENT book, and Packet Tracer to pass the exam in a months time. The exam is only hard if you don't properly study.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh and Congrats!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Working On: eCPPT
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for congratulating me :)
  • Options
    IrqVetIrqVet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Blackout wrote: »
    CCENT is pretty easy compared to ICND2. As you can see from this forum allot of people pass CCENT here, if you want the cert use the study materials everyone else on here uses, and go pass it. I used CBTNuggets, Todd Lammles CCENT book, and Packet Tracer to pass the exam in a months time. The exam is only hard if you don't properly study.

Thanks for the info Blackout and palit. I think I will go for the CCENT first as recommended, then CCNA. All of the above training material I have except for Todd Lammles book, I will look into it though. I do believe in taking practice exams a lot to familiarize yourself with the actual test then studying that material that you missed.
  • Options
    dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I took mine and passed it yesterday. I'm pretty sure the second one will be a lot harder compared to the first one, but I feel I will be ready for it soon. I used Boson practice exams and I felt they were harder than the actual test. Hopeully its the same for ICND2.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't be scared on what people say here :D we are all different. Some say ICND2 is harder, it doesn't meen that it really is. Look at me, I had 899 on ICND1 and I thought ICND2 was going to be hard.. ended up having 944 on ICND2 and I actually found it pretty easier than ICND1. And I actually only spent approximately 30-35 days of studying for the ICND2.. I read the Odom book once, made a couple of practice labs on Packet Tracer and that's it. Be confident, know your topics and don't worry. Don't go in to the exam being scared about not passing it. You have to to go in there thinking you're going to pass.