Options

70-687: Configuring Windows 8 - Best study guide?

Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello! I want to start studying for the MCSA - Windows 8. I've recently received the Security+. Due to the new emergence of Windows 8, what's the best study guide for it? Currently the best I've seen is:

Amazon.com: Training Guide: Configuring Windows 8 (9780735673229): Scott Lowe, Derek Schauland, Rick W. Vanover: Books

Thanks!
"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown

Comments

• Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    I purchased the book you mentioned, but have not begun reading it yet. If it is like the other two Server 2012 Training Guides that I am reading currently, you'll find it lacking.

I know ... who cares about a monkey opinion?! icon_rolleyes.gif

So much of Window 8's "innards" comes from Windows 7 and Vista. Why not complement the Windows 8 book with a popular Windows 7 70-680 textbook? You'll have the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    YES .. I have the Training Guide: Configuring Windows® 8 book ... it is awesome IMHO
  • Options
    fadeinthemixfadeinthemix Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found that book good as well.
  • Options
    Has anyone have taking the windows 8 , 70-687 exam lately ? thanks!
  • Options
    I found the Exam reference to be some what lacking .. I am using it as a "StudyGuide after I re-read the "Training Guide"
    Save pennies fellow nerds/geeks the Exam focus edition from Amazon isn't worth it.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I have pre-ordered THIS book from O' Reilly because I had a buy 2 get 1 free deal and half off. Doesn't release until July but I won't be ready for it until Q4 of this year anyway.

ITMonkey wrote: »
    I know ... who cares about a monkey opinion?! icon_rolleyes.gif

People rarely care about the Narwhal's opinion either. I think it is because we are "Inferior."