Options

NAT & PAT on ICND1???

bardsleybbardsleyb Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am reading Cisco's website on what I must know for my upcoming ICND1 test in about a week... To my surprise it states that I must know how to implement NAT and PAT on a Cisco network. This surprises me because in my Video training with Chris Bryant, he labels it under ICND2. Not only that, but also my Boson NetSim 8 Labs package for ICND1 has NAT and PAT locked out as an ICND2 exam topic as well, therefore making it inaccessible to me in my ICND1 package that i bought from Boson. Am I missing something here? Do I just need to know of its existence for ICND1 and the basics on it, or do I need to know the commands on the Cisco IOS and everything else to work with it as well? If the latter is the case, then why would two separate places tell me basically not to worry about it until I take ICND2? Any help without violating the NDA would be very helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Always check the official exam topics when studying. If the Cisco website says NAT and PAT are on there, then they could appear on the exam and its best to assume that you should study it. Wendall Odom's CCENT (ICND1) guide covers the basics of NAT and PAT, giving you a basic understanding of the fundamental ideas behind it. I'd start there!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    This topic is covered in Todd Lammels book and the ICND 1 book from Cisco and goes more in depth on ICND 2.
  • Options
    bardsleybbardsleyb Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I am guessing I won't fry if I don't know the ins and outs of each NAT command, but I had better know the basics of how it works.. I know its listed more under ICND2 on Cisco's own website as well.
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    I haven't looked, but if I remember correctly, ICND covers NAT fundamentals and configuration via the SDM, where as ICND 2 covers NAT configuration via command line.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk