Options

New VPN causing first to go down

brewoz40brewoz40 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey...im having an issue setting up a new VPN. I've created the new crypto policy, new crypto map along with the new access list. Everything appears to be set up correctly but when I apply the new crypto map to the wan interface, it causes the other VPN connection to drop. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    you can only have a single crypto map assigned to an interface. For additional VPN connections you'll need to add entries to your original crypto map with different sequence numbers.

I did a few write ups on IPSec VPNs, hope they help

[URL="file:///\\co1-app01trn01.test.healthe\tomcat\webapps\HesReporting\WEB-INF\templates\CrystalReports\"]http://ccie-or-null.net/2012/04/09/ipsec-on-a-cisco-ios-router/[/URL]

IPSec « CCIE or Null!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Thanks...just found that as well...thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    One last thing...can i create a second ipsec transform-set for the second VPN, or can i use the same one from the other VPN if the settings match?
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    You tie the transform-set in using the specific crypto map entry for the peer so yes you can have multiple transform-sets but only one transform set for each peer within each crypto map entry
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS