Passed SWITCH today - study materials used

crrimsoncrrimson Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed SWITCH today!

First try on SWITCH, and wow, that test was not easy. I thought it was harder than ROUTE. I really thought I had failed it by the time I got to the last question, but I am really happy to pass because I am burned out on the topics and can't wait to get into TSHOOT.

To help some others, the study materials and lab materials I used in order of usefulness were:

Cisco SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide - David Hucaby -- main source of study

Boson Ex-Sim Max tests (Helped immensely to point out weak areas for more study, and I recommend for this test) -- Got so that I was just passing each of the 4 practice exams before I took the test. I honestly think without this I would not have passed.

CBT Nuggets video's (I usually just use these to get the ball rolling, then after I get heavy into the cert guide, I don't usually get as much out of them, but they are really good.)

Cisco Networking Academy lab manual (there was a link to this somewhere on these forums at some point)
- My lab: 2x 2950 & 2x3550's was enough to do all of the labs in the manual, except for private-vlan config.

The Online CCNP Guide - very clear/clean study notes... I wish I had found this sooner in my studies.

Cisco CCNP SWITCH Simplified - Paul Browning and Farai Tafa - Kindle Ebook - good book for under $10 for the ebook.

Boson Exam Environment Cisco Press Test (free with the OCG cd-rom) - obviously not enough, so I bought the Ex-Sim Max simulations.

And hours of studying. I think I started back in October, usually studying about an hour or so a night 4-5 days a week for 5 months.

On to TSHOOT!

Comments

• fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nicely done, congrats
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8