Options

ICND1 to CCNA? (your timeline question)

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,
For those of you that have passed ICND2; How long did it take you to go from ICND1 to passing ICND2?

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Options
    fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    not quite there yet, but knowing we both recently did our ICND1, figured i'd share what im going through. ICND1 took me 4 weeks or so (with a little bit of previous exposure to the material), and I was headed into ICND2 thinking I could just blow through it super quick again... I

'm finding that I think I'll be spending more like 2-3 months going over everything multiple times. Its a lot more hands-on and in depth than just the basic theory and overview stuff of ICND1
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    2 months to the day for me.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It all depends on the person. Like me I started studying ICND1 on December 1st and passed the exam on December 31. Started studying the ICND2 on January 1-passed the exam February 9. So it took me exactly 40 days, even though it's kind of fast, I had already worked with it a bit so I just read the book once, practiced some commands and made a couple of practice exams on Bosom and the boom.. passed it on the first try. But don't hurry yourself, it's better that you know the topics, so that way you won't forget anything a month or two later.
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    Mine was about 9 months, but it was very on and off. And I mean more off than on.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    12 months but only 3 studying. sort of had a break but the break meant when I came back to it everything i already knew had sunk in
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Around 2 months for me but it depends on the time you have to put aside for studying. If you study every day for a couple of hours you can probably do it in less. Also if you have some experience in networking or you are doing something related in your current job it will be much easier. Good luck!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    akboyboyakboyboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    6 months off and on
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As others have said its all about the person. If you feel comfortable with the concepts than go for it. I didn't take it until I could configure anything for the study domains on the fly.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    5 months and 8 days, but only about 2 1/2 months of that was serious studying. I also work with Cisco equipment everyday, and had finished up the Cisco Network Academy at the local community college.

YMMV.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After passing ICND1 it took me about 3 months of hard studying. 3+ hours a day except Saturdays. Everyone is different though and you gotta go at your own pace.