Options

SANS new class - Python for Penetration Testers

I now SANS classes can be a bit on the expensive side but just saw a tweet that they have a new class.

Python for Penetration Testers

Looks like you get a copy of the book Violent Python with the class. I clicked on the "Register Now" to check out the price and it looks like it is $2099.
Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for the news.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Honestly, probably better to go with SecurityTube (given the price). Besides the SANS name, the price is a killer. Probably cover the same material as SecurityTube and you can just by Violent Python.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Honestly, probably better to go with SecurityTube (given the price). Besides the SANS name, the price is a killer. Probably cover the same material as SecurityTube and you can just by Violent Python.

I agree but I thought I would post it anyway....
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's definitely worth the post. For the lucky SOB's who actually have their companies pay for training, maybe they can get their company to pay for this course. But the SPSE is definitely worth consideration.
  • Options
    dbrink - No definitely awesome to post it, I didn't mean to come off as it wasn't worth posting (my apologizes for that). And Yuck is right, if your company will pay definitely worth looking into.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    No apology needed, I understand what you are saying completely. I wouldn't fork out $2k for this class myself but if I had an employer who wanted to send me I'd do it in a heartbeat. Also, I'm definitely considering the SPSE. Heard some good things about it.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    SANS pyWars? It looks like Python is the official programming language of SANS. Could Secure Coding in Python and Secure Coding:
    Developing Offensive Applications classes be far behind? You'd probably need a DoD TS security clearance to get into the latter.
  • Options
    DARPA actually put $3 million into a company using python to go through big data. I also read an article where NASA saved millions by making the switch due to speed of development and testing.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff