Options

Passed CCENT today!!!!

dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
TE,

I passed CCENT today with a 937/1000. The bad thing is I'm pretty sure I know exactly which questions I missed. Thanks to all of TE for the advice, members and just general tips. Even though this is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm looking forward to continuing my studies.
WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you mean the GOOD thing is that you know exactly what you missed... so your brain wont forget it again lol. congrats!
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • Options
    @ fivedollarcouch

That is true....lol
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks.

I used:

1. ICND1 OCG
    2. CBT Nuggets
    3. Subnettingquestions.com
    4. Packet Tracer
    5. Boson ICND1 Ex-Sim Max

I honestly thought the Boson test was harder than the real test, but it more than prepared me for the official test.
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I can honestly say the people and the encouragement given on this forum has really helped me get in the frame of mind to keep working hard on all my studies.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I will be taking mine in March, had to stretch it out some because I got off track with other stuff. Going through CBT nuggets first and then will use Packet Tracer, Boson Exam Maxx and may use the Chris Bryant or Todd Lammle book maybe. Took test years ago twice and came close, also have taken a few Cisco classes with real equipment. I love seeing good news like this. Makes me get my butt in gear.
  • Options
    beach5563,

That's a good plan. I forgot to even mention that I used the Chris Bryant Ultimate Study Guide. That was real handy and I really liked it. Plus for $10 you can't really beat the deal. Only think I didn't like the .exe book function of so I couldn't load it on my tablet, but I still was satisfied with it. Good luck when you take yours, I know you're going to crush it.
  • Options
    ntheonentheone Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! how is ur studies going on with ICND2? Which books and videos are u using?
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!And nice score too.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dcren21
    Thanks so much, I think the Chris Bryant book is a good compliment with CBT nuggets. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence and I will keep everyone posted. Been chasing this thing doiwn waaay to long. Time to get it done then ICND2 and maybe CCNA voice. Good luck to you on ICND2.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! +1 to rep
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    ntheone wrote: »
    Congrats!! how is ur studies going on with ICND2? Which books and videos are u using?

I read through the OCG. Even though I believe it's overkill for the official test, I really like knowing the extra information because from the beginning I really wanted to cement in the theory and not just do enough to pass the test. I'm using Bryant's guide to read at work. I did CBT nuggets before I even read any of the books and took copious notes on it, so now I refer to that as I read both the OCG and Bryant's guide. I really like Bryant's guide because it's concise and has a lot of information. As far as labs I mainly use packet tracer and build labs and figure out why or why things don't work. Nothing like that nerd moment in the basement when you realize that you left out a command and then everything goes green on your network, and then you look around and see there's no one around that will understand your accomplishment.

I have a home lab, but I'm going to mainly use that when I go for CCNA Voice and CCNP. Packet Tracer is doing fine as far as the labs for right now though.
  • Options
    Beach,

Definitely keep us informed as you go along. I can't thank the TE community enough for the motivation and real life proof that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass! +1 to rep

Iris,

Thanks for that. Between your success stories and progress, and a few other members, you all have definitely inspired me to continue my learning and goals to gain knowledge. Thanks again.