Options

What do you do at work

I have never had a job ever so I am wondering what it is that you do at work. So please tell your job title and what you usually do . Not a list of bulletins please

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everyday varies really. Basically I handle any call that are escalated to me. Calls can range from end user support to network issues. I also have projects assigned to me that can also vary. Currently I am working on a guest/corp wireless deployment for our regional offices. When I have downtime I like to hangout on reddit or read/study.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually come in and check the tickets/emails. Work on any serious ones or ones who are for "important" people in the company or people I like. Then I usually study for certs (usually through books, sometimes vids) and write out questions that I can ask my coworkers who are more experienced.

We play xbox on lunch usually. Then come back and finish off the less important tickets.

Actually its a pretty good gig and the pay is pretty decent imo too
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I bounce between projects, tickets, meetings, and TE icon_cool.gif - Systems Administrator
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour. Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

But really:
    Meetings
    Projects
    Daily log reviews from firewalls, IDS/IPS, routers, switches and server logs
    Generate compliance reports no one reads or understands
    Provide escalation help for issues
    T.E.
    Study
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    @dover Howdy neighbor, I'm a red stick native myself! Nice cert collection icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I too typically bounce between projects, meetings, tickets and trying to squeeze in studying.

In the morning I do a little Tier 1/2 support for the few people crazy enough to get in the office as early as I do, then move on to taking a peek at our system performance. I'm also very active dealing with vendors(Read:Free Lunches) to take a look at new products that would be useful in our current environment or bring cost savings.

Projects are where the majority of my work lies though. Researching, testing and implementing a very wide variety of products/tools.

-Systems Administrator
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I get in and work to finish of any current projects, so I can move on to the next ones and get work to buy me more "toys" to play with..

Basically I get to play with networks all day every day, and develop them how i see fit for the company.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For the last month relax.

Starting next week mining fat datasets.