Options

Passed 70-640 yesterday but which next?

thenoble06thenoble06 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, I sat and passed 70-640 yesterday (after totally messing up the first exam - thank goodness for Second Chance) and so am now thinking about my next exam. Is this the best route - do 70-642 next, or do the Server 2008 Cert 70-646 first.

I'll do them both eventually - but wondered which way round the do them?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Arran

Passed some exams. Failed others!

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    It doesn't really matter what order you do them in. Some start with the 642, 640, then 646 route. Others go 640, 642, 646. I would take a look at the objectives and see what one you want to work on next. I will say that the 640 and 642 build on each other, so my suggestion would be to go 642 next, then save 646 for last.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    thenoble06thenoble06 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Brilliant - good advice. The 70-642 exam interests me more anyway - so I'll go for that.

Cheers!

Passed some exams. Failed others!
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I would recommend the 642, that's what I am working on.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I say 642... I'm preparing for this one test date in a little over 3 weeks! Good luck, study hard!
  • Options
    nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    any advice taking mine a week tomorrow
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    do the 642 next and 646 last. the 646 will be easier after doing the 642 and is not nearly as technical
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass dude! I failed it the other day so congrats on doing it again and beating it, I hope to resit it and smash it in the near future. As for next exam I reckon your best going for the 70-642 as from what others have said that and the 640 will help towards the 646!
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    If your signature is up-to-date, I would advise you to study for 70-291. This will give you MCSA 2003, which you can later upgrade to MCSA 2008. 291 and 642 are very similar, so you'll use that knowledge later.