Options

My first week at the new job done!

inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
WOW it was soooooo COOL! I came in just when 2 new DATA centers are being built.
so cool I have had times when my brain felt like puddin, but some sleep fixed it!
Tonight my supervisors supervisor said I'm doing a great job!

I know that I am in way over my head! Every one told me you will learn allot! I am just trying to play it real cool, and hope that they invite me to keep coming back to work.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Glad the new gig's working out well for ya mate! Keep up the good work.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DJohnsonRoseDJohnsonRose Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you contracting or something?
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great to hear! It's always a good sign that they still invited you back icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    A whole week, yeah I am in soooo deep! You could never imagine the size of the data center.
    everyone comes to us, the web guys, the san guys, the SUN unix guys, the security team, the Vm guys. they all come to us to have their stuff turned on; we just the configure on vlans and have the switchport vlans access the trunk.

IT is so cool yesterday I was flashing the IOS on a Nexus 7010, Hell yeah!!!128 meg IOS on a 7k!

all the guys are great!
    It is tough to have dinner with 20 some genius. Not to say it was all easy, but we got it done. Nearly all the data center has green lights; we gotta few more lines to pull. Maybe Tuesday we can all go back to the
    office! (?)

Not contracting I am nailing down a perminant position as a seinior network engineer at a fed agency in the cube farm!
    my wife is HAPPY as hell!!!
    the village elders love me too.
  • Options
    southside wrote: »
    when someone says you will learn alot that means you do not know anything, so you will have to learn it. There is nothing wrong with not knowing anything thats how most IT professional work.

yup, correct i don't know anything about it, thats so funny, i can't even calculate the MED, but know i make 100k +;
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man seems like you really like the gig. I am happy for you :)
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Glad to hear things are going good inscom!

Out of curiosity, is English your native language?
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am nailing down a perminant position as a seinior network engineer at a fed agency in the cube farm!

Fed agency ? Really ? With that spelling :p ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and keep up the great work.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021