Options

Security Clearance

Hi,

Does anyone know if you have an "interim security clearance" and decide to move on elsewhere. Does the clearance continue to process or is it canceled?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    sticky situation. I don't want to give a yes or no, I do want to say it depends. I would stay put as its not final. In the military I was able to work while waiting on a Interim to come back and other times stopped dead in my tracks when I had to work at another location.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Many times it does NOT transfer. The reason, is that an interim clearance is technically an "agreement" between you and your command to let you work under a particular clearance level without actually having completed adjudication process (ie: having a final clearance).

This does not mean your new organization cannot grant an interim clearance and finish the process- if you need your clearance there often times they will continue the process. Best thing to do IMO is to contact the new organization and speak to their security office and ask them what they think. They should be able to look you up, and determine what steps to take, and ultimately will be able to tell you where you'll stand.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    "Interim" means "probationary" and "the paperwork is in process." An interim clearance means only what your employer decides it means, and it and can be cancelled at any time for any reason. Because your security clearance is sponsored by your employer, leaving employment while in interim status will cancel the processing of your clearance. You will need to start the paperwork all over again with your next employer. Note that employers want to hire people who already have security clearance(s) because it save them (the employer) time and money.