Options

Passed 70-686 Today!

jjasso21jjasso21 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the 70-686 today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I passed with a 764. It was mostly all about deployment with a few odd questions here and there.

I used the MS Press book, the Darrill Gibson book, as well as CBT Nuggets. Personally I thought the 70-685 was much harder. I'm still unsure if I want to do 70-640 next or go CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    Luis103Luis103 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations...

Ill be following in a similar path I'm taking the 70-685 on March 1st. Net+ after, and probably do the 70-686 before I jump into the server series.
  • Options
    EruMaisEruMais Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm thinking of shooting for that one after I knock out the 70-680, but I also need to get the MCSA 2008; however, my current job is focusing in on deploying Win7 using WDS as Lite-Touch so I think I might be able to squeeze in the 70-686 if it isn't too bad.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! I'll be taking this one for the second time next Tuesday. The exam didn't seem difficult, I was just under prepared. I didn't really study much for it.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Jasso, what were your thoughts on the practice exam that comes with the MS Press book? Did you find the questions more or less difficult than the real thing? Just asking because I didn't use this book the first time I took the exam. I only used the Gibson book, probably why I failed... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    jjasso21jjasso21 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all of your comments. I thought it was the practice exam was easier than the actual exam. But it you focus mostly on deployment and a little on MED-V, etc, you should be in good shape. The MS Press book itself is actually rather good and goes deep enough into the topics I thought.