Options

Whats the best midrange videocard

2»

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Starcraft is the best overall, but it loses replay value if you're not going online with it. That being said, the single-player campaigns alone are worth it, IMO. Company of Heroes was a great one. C&C and Red Alert series haven't been good since the old days. The Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War games are good as well. Finally, the Total War games are awesome, thought not technically RTS (they are combined TBS and real-time tactics). Edit: this is actually a great list.

N2, you are definitely looking for Skyrim, even Oblivion if you're cheap.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    ptilsen wrote: »
    C&C and Red Alert series haven't been good since the old days.

Zeppelin's were my jam icon_cool.gif

zeppelins.jpg
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nothing like a good old Kirov.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    the best midrange vid card is the one that was top end a year ago
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a 240 SSD in my desktop and laptop, never going back lol. I am playing Guild Wars 2 at the moment and when you have to change zones you load very fast, none of that waiting for stuff to load up.
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Would a SSD drive really make a difference? Would it be beneficial to get a 128gb to just run the OS?

MicroCenter and NewEgg are both having a huge sale on Crucial SSDs. 512GB for less than $400!
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you really have your waffles with rootbeer? They have good prices but I'm in nj so I don't want to pay for the tax.
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Hell yeah I do. Well, even with taxes, it's still a pretty good deal and far less than it would be at regular prices.