Options

Another Resume to Critique!

jazidingjaziding Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to find an internship or a full-time before I graduate so I'm posting up my resume to get some advice on what I need to change/improve on. I don't have experience, so the bulk of my resume revolves around the projects that I have done in school. I don't have any certifications either, but I'm thinking about going for the A+ cert first.

I want to make a "default resume" so I'm thinking of writing a summary statement instead of an objective, but I'm having a hard time writing up one. Thank you in advance for the help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gel1fhxp973bys/ResumetoCritique.docx

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Getting an A+ is probably not a bad idea.

A couple of quick thing that I noticed:
    • Some bullets end in a period. Some do not.
    • I am not a big fan of using first person narrative. I.e. I did...
    • Adding a summary may be useful. You can remove some of the subjective items like "motivated individual" from qualifications and use in a summary. Being motivated isnt a qualification icon_smile.gif
    • You have tense issues - i.e "updated and test computer..."
    • It may be just my viewer on my tablet but make sure its only one page.
    Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for some of the quick notes. I just changed the format of my resume earlier. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7x3zcjlywqwhxi/ResumetoCritiqueV2.docx
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just curious why your work experience and project dates are ascending
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think it looks pretty good. I would change the work experience and project dates to descending. maybe add a summary. Add any Operating systems your familar with. And network stuff your familiar with. otherwise. it looks good.
  • Options
    Oh wow I'm so surprised I missed that. I've had my resume looked over by other people as well and we never caught it. Thanks for pointing that out to me, I've adjusted it back to descending order.