Options

want to start a career in database administration

i want to know how can i get into database administration like i am good with databases and i would to be a database administrator. would i have to find a entry level job as to gain experience in working with databases and what job should i start with

Comments

• Options
    UniqueAgEnTUniqueAgEnT Member Posts: 102
    Hi programmer24,

What is your background right now? Database and dba field is difficult to break into since most employers want someone with experience.

What databases have you interacted with? How good are your SQL skills? What DBA tasks have you done?

Depending on your experience, I would try to find an entry level position / junior.
  • Options
    programmer24programmer24 Banned Posts: 122
    I am good with SQL like I know select update insert delete I know how to create databases, I am good with access, MySQL, basic knowledge of Sql Server. In MySQL, I have knowledge of creating views and indexes, and basic dba skills, like backing up databases, installing different databases software, etc and for databases techniques, normalization(basic knowledge), be able to generate a report. but I still need to gain experience and the only way I could do that is to work as a entry level database developer
  • Options
    programmer24programmer24 Banned Posts: 122
    also I want to do web programming on the side too but thing is I need to find a job in which it would help me to gain experience