Options

PS4 Live Event

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
Guess no one has posted it yet so here it is, watch live. 3pm pacific 6 eastern. It just started they still havent shown the device yet.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/watch-the-220-playstation-event-on-ign
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• Options
    lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks pretty epic. IDK.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gah I tire of the "tech demos" that never end up becoming games.... I still have the "Emotion Engine" demo using Final Fantasy "The Spirits Within" characters for the PS2....
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I must be getting old but that was one of the worst launches i've ever seen. It's faster than a PS3 and has a screen on the controller great..
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GAngel wrote: »
    I must be getting old but that was one of the worst launches i've ever seen. It's faster than a PS3 and has a screen on the controller great..

It really was not a launch just a teaser...did not show the console so I wouldnt call it a "launch". I like the fact they didnt change the controller SO MUCH and added features
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lmoworld wrote: »
    Looks pretty epic. IDK.

What does ... they haven't shown ANYTHING .. 2hrs talk and showing off a controller - even that could have been made of flour, sugar and water ....
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    I think we hit a plateau for consoles with the next releases. I pretty much only want a CPU and GPU upgrade because the existing hardware is well past its prime. It's the ecosystem that is pretty much where the advancements are going to come from I guess. My big concern is noise level of the system. My first gen PS3 was whisper quiet, the Slim got louder not as loud as my Xbox but still the fans were noticeable when watching a movie or playing a game.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was raised on console games and I will buy one when they come out. My PS3 is still a beast (gen 1) and plays blue rays incredibly. High Def on regular TV 480 720 BAH, 1080 rules period and the games I think are fantastic like RE 6.
  • Options
    I have a Wii U..... I almost forgot I bought it. My wife likes the original Wii for the fitness stuff so I figured I might as well upgrade when I saw one. Kinda wished I waited because nothing I am interested is out currently for it.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Since they've confirmed no BC, but possible streaming, I just want to know how that system will work. The fact that you can play PS4 games on the Vita is neat, but I would prefer the opposite. Despise handhelds and would like to see some of the titles on my big TV (even if they come out boxy). Other than that, kinda meh on the whole thing so far.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    The transferables trophies from the Vita to the PS3 is a neat option. I really really like the trophies system.
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I love sony products but the backwards compatibility they hinted at is stupid(I didnt see the broadcast so I don't know if they confirmed it or not). If i have the physical disk of a ps3 game in the actual optical drive of the ps4 why in gods name does it need to be streamed from thier cloud server(which will likely be as slow as PSN) O.o;
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    I love sony products but the backwards compatibility they hinted at is stupid(I didnt see the broadcast so I don't know if they confirmed it or not). If i have the physical disk of a ps3 game in the actual optical drive of the ps4 why in gods name does it need to be streamed from thier cloud server(which will likely be as slow as PSN) O.o;

The PS4 is switching CPU architecture is the problem. I know the original PS3 had a hardware emulation for PS2 and then eventually dropped the extra cpu from the system.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was a little disappointed as well on this event as well. I was hoping to see some hardware, not just a prototype controller. I bet the controller changes before launch. Oh well it should be an awesome console when it comes out.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here comes the sony over hype :) .....
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wrote statement while I was watching the event. Main reason why I stated IDK at the end of my post.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    meh....only reason why I bought PS3 was for God of War 3! They didn't show anything that is a console seller...I finally turned on my PS3 the other day after a long while...maybe 5+ months
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    PS3 was ahead of it's time and the PS4 will be as well

I still can't believe people are satisfied with 480 - 720 P. Maybe I am a video snob but rolling 1080 P with Blueray dominates any streaming media. Unbelievable people tolerate such poor picture quality. Blueray is stunning.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pretty unimpressive launch
    no hardware
    couple of games and ports
    the jump from ps2 to ps3 was huge
    this change from ps3 to ps4 seems only slightly better

hopefully that Destiny game comes to PC