Options

Interview follow up email question?

Ok my TE friends. What is the protocol for this.

I interviewed for a position and the interview felt real good. Then I met my wife for dinner and we go home. I log onto my computer to send a follow up email and I get an email from them thanking me and telling me they are putting together an offer for me.

I still want to send a thank you letter but now I am stumped on what to write. I normally continue to sell myself and explain why I think I would be a good fit.

What do I write.

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since they've already said they would put together an offer I would just respond like a normal business email. I would state what you liked about the interview and the company and that you look forward to receiving the offer. Also add in, "Let me know if you need anything else from me". Short n' simple.

To me it sounds like you might have yourself a new job coming your way!!
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    After great consideration and rereading I kept it short and sweet. Thanked them for the interview and basically everything you said f0rgiv3n. Thanks!
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You bet man! I hope to see your "Job offer!!" post in the near future ;)
  • Options
    Well I got the offer. Thought it was a little low countered and they accepted. So now I am in the process of the background check. So in 3-4 weeks (after notice to my current employer) I will be a network engineer.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the new gig!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That is awesome to hear!
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I am excited and can't wait to start.