Options

What whitepapers do you recommend for the CWNA?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
This is aimed at those who have passed the exam.

What whitepapers (if you recall) did you find helpful when studying for the exam?

There are so many available through the CWNP website that I'm not quite sure which ones provide information which will be helpful on the CWNA exam. I've found ones on the standards (a/b/g), but other than those, I'm not sure where to look.

The last thing I want to do is confuse myself by attempting to learn material which will not appear on the exam.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
    I just got a copy of the 3rd edition of the CWNA Study Guide. It's crammed with so much good information that I can't imagine needing any other resources for the CWNA exam other than the study guide itself. However, whitepapers that cover in greater detail any of the topics in the CWNA Study Guide would be useful. There are also a lot of good teaching articles on wi-fiplanet.com, such as http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3525531.
  • Options
    adahusadahus Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    where can I get a copy of the CWNA 3rd edition in pdf format?

thanx alot
  • Options
    I don't think a pdf is available, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
    I don't see an option to buy the CWNA Study Guide in PDF format. Not having a book available in electronic format certainly cuts down on the Internet piracy of the book, but it can be an inconvenientce for some people.

http://www.cwne.com/products/CWNASG.html
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I used the CWNA study guide....the CWSP (helped some on the exam...plus I planned to move on)..and forums. Oh yeah...I bought some of the online questions from their site.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well. Actually, the questions came free with the book.