Options

Passed CVOICE v8.0 642-437 today.

So I passed CVOICE today just a month after getting my CCNA Voice. To be fair I've been supporting a Cisco CUCM/UC/CUP/CUEAC environment for four years and was pretty familiar with QoS configs for voice at both layer 2/3 levels.

I had my test scheduled for next Thursday but decided to change it to today after spending two days nonstop finishing the CBT Nuggets series and reviewing the Cisco Press book by Kevin Wallace. I just felt I was ready so I went for it. I was right because I scored 974/1000. I got 100% in every section except 'Describe the need to implement QoS for voice and video' where I got 66%.

There is a lot of theory and facts to know for this exam. The configs for Dial-Peers, CME, and CUBE that are tested are simple for the most part. Certain aspects like understanding how CORLIST work and translation rules are a little more difficult.

I've already ordered the Cisco Press books for CIPT1, CIPT2, and setup a lab at work. My goal is to have the next two exams completed in less than four months, hopefully more like three. I've read others say CVOICE was the hardest exam in the track and I hope that bodes true for me because I didn't find it all that difficult. Cramming through all the CCNA material last year in just a few months was harder for me.

Comments