Options

Paranoid About Braindumps Now lol

2»

Comments

• Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    dave330i wrote: »
    Practical exams and/or large pool of questions cost money which will be passed onto test takers. Also, with the rapid advancement of technology, by the time practical exam or large pool are developed, they become outdated.

I don't agree. Which is better?

1.Which command displays your MAC address?
    a) ipconfig
    b) netstat
    c) cmd
    d) nbtstat

OR

1.You need to find out your MAC address. You have only one try.
    (simple simulation in whatever language that responds only to "ipconfig" input)

Both took the same time to come up with. I already commented the solution to "outdated" material in the locked "braindump" thread, instead of 100 questions, there should be only 5 simulations max with more points awarded. It's easier to replace simulations on a regular basis that way and cheaters get eliminated right from the start. Less cheaters, less people with certificates - less people with certificates more options and higher pay for me.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    linuxlover wrote: »
    I don't agree. Which is better?

1.Which command displays your MAC address?
    a) ipconfig
    b) netstat
    c) cmd
    d) nbtstat

OR

1.You need to find out your MAC address. You have only one try.
    (simple simulation in whatever language that responds only to "ipconfig" input)

Both took the same time to come up with. I already commented the solution to "outdated" material in the locked "braindump" thread, instead of 100 questions, there should be only 5 simulations max with more points awarded. It's easier to replace simulations on a regular basis that way and cheaters get eliminated right from the start. Less cheaters, less people with certificates - less people with certificates more options and higher pay for me.

Buggered if you miss type then, or as happens lots there is more than one way to do things in real world. Multi choice are direct single answer questions are always easy to memorise.

The best questions are ones that can be mixed and matched or have permutation. Take a simple example of subletting. You could create questions on the fly, so unless you know how to subnet your stuffed. This approach can also be taken with more complex topics. Route redistribution for example could easily be scripted to chose from random subnets and protocols so while the complexity of the question is standised. It is not the same each time.

For more complex simulation questions cisco has a habit of mixing and matching technologies, like in real world you can trouble shoot your our work and correct your me stakes. Again by keeping the bulk of the simulation constant, but changing fundamental values you can weed out brain dumpers but still make it easy for people who understand what they are doing.

So it's simple, introduce some simple random factors in to the tests to trip up the dumpers. Put in to a ccnp test random stuff of the ccnp level. A requirement of the ccnp is ccna, so if you can't deal with random ccna issues you are not worthy of ccnp.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Sometimes I think they just don't give a duck, but are happy to collect the dough every month from VUE, which is bad business long term because certificates are devaluing with time and I agree with someone here who said that certificates are already devalued but it's just how it goes around here. In 10 years you'll need CCIE, MSCE and whatnot to land a helpdesk position if we continue going down that road.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agreed with Networker this topic has become extremely boring. How about we discuss some technology?
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    My initial inquiry has been resolved. Thank you to everyone who responded.

Let's move on now. :D