Options

Online IT/Network Degree or Diploma

danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of studying for a Diploma or Associates on the side since my Degree here is a 3 year and to be able to work in the USA you have to meet the 4 years Bachelors requirement. So I have plans of either transferring my credits after 3 year completion to a US university like WGU and complete the 4th year online or study for a 1 year Diploma or a 2 year Associates degree on the side during my Bachelor second year.. but only to find out WGU doesn't offer these online programs for international students.

Does anyone know a school that offers diplomas/associates degree "ONLINE" for International students ? I really need to start ASAP
Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
Up Next: CCNP
Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
And Umm: CCNP Voice

Comments

• Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    In the US, most 2 year degrees are done at community colleges. There are a lot of community colleges that offer online courses and you might even be able to take the whole associates degree online. It will be expensive though because most community colleges build their tuition around in-district students. But check it out, California usually has pretty cheap community college tuition from what I remember.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Oh and ITT Tech offers a couple IT 2 year degrees and I want to say University of Phoenix does as well, but I haven't looked in a while.
  • Options
    Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Please DO NOT go to ITT. They ARE NOT regionally accredited. Even if you are an international student, your credits *may* have trouble transferring. I attended, for a few classes, Iowa Central Community College [online] and the program was GREAT!!!. You may want to check them out. The program was geared towards the CCNA certification and the instructors were nothing short of awesome. I would have continued AND finished but my organization stopped funding tuition reimbursement.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for such great inputs. @Falcon56, I shouldn't try ITT.. but try the Iowa CC, do they offer these programs for International students and how much is it ? I'll check out myself though @zrockstar, please I would like a cheap one.. maybe a little bit cheaper than WGU.

Appreciate all the hits
  • Options
    I just checked the website. These schools don't offer the listed programs for International students.