Options

Do you guys ever build "personal" relationships with co-workers?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WiseWun wrote: »
    Always AVOID choosing sides at work whether it be persons or departments, be neutral.

Every one at work is free to chose sides.. As long as its my side ;)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just one colleague and i think the boss. He's most likely the only person i will keep in touch with when i leave this joint at the end of April
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Every one at work is free to chose sides.. As long as its my side ;)

If your side is winning, I'll join ya!
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Never mix business with pleasure
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    Never mix business with pleasure

But business is pleasure. If I have to work for 40+ years of my life I am going to dam well have fun doing it!!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It really depends on the environment, for me. There's usually a person here or a person there that I keep in touch with or go out and have a few beers with from each place I've worked. This was the true while I was working at each place, too, where I'd really only want to socialize outside of work or interact beyond a professional level with one or two people here and there. (I was kind of that way in school, too, I cherry-picked my friends and didn't keep a huge crowd around me.)

The only exception has been one particular workplace where the general atmosphere was friendly and fun. I got to know a lot of people there and we still get together and have "survivor" meet-ups. Most of these folks I would spend time with outside of work, and I consider many of them friends.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.