Why has my network died overnight????

Donnelly82Donnelly82 Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
yesterday my lab of 2 x 2950 switches, 3550 switch, and 2x 2610xm routers was all working perfectly. got one computer connected to each switch, to which all 3 could access the internet, through the two routers. Turned all devices off overnight, as having 3 switches and 2 routers going in your bedroom (yes u can imagine) slightly loud.

This morning when i turned on the devices, the computers cant get access to the internet. i never changed the configs of the routers at all. i was playing about with VTP on the switches yesterday, so erased the 3 switches including the vlan data, incase i messed up something. nice new configuration on the switches and still nothing. i know data is passing through the network as they are receiving data, and can ping to outside ip addresses from all 3 switches through the two routers.

confused.....

Comments

• FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Did you Write the configs before powering down for the night?

This is always fun and good for experience, fixing your own problems.
  • Donnelly82Donnelly82 Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just the switches, as the routers configs have been good for a while, not changed anything on them. going to give it till another hour or 2 and then, every device is getting put back to factory and starting again icon_smile.gif
  • TBev0TBev0 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you able to ping the upstream gateway from your default gateway? Is it perhaps just dns thats no longer working? Reason i ask is because i notced this morning that DNS server 4.2.2.2 appears to be down.
    i am thinking its along the lines of dns. i can ping everything, even googles ip address from everr device on my network
    what dns servers are being dished out via dhcp and what dns servers have the routers been configured with?
    There you go 4.2.2.2 is currently down. Change to another DNS provider. Google 8.8.8.8 or OpenDNS 208.67.222.222
    Tbev0, thanks for the help. lesson learned, i should of had a secondary DNS server running. i just could not figure out, how all was well, and then it wasn't and i hadn't changed anything.

cheers