Options

passed my first semester at WGU.

Just found out this morning... Great feeling since I was really hesitant to go back to school and finish up my degree. So that's 14 cu's down and 28 transferred in.. icon_cheers.gif My only dilemna is now my mentor is saying I may have to tranfer to another concentration because Microsoft is eliminating the microsoft certs I have to take in july. Question is ? Should I just take microsoft certs my next semester or transfer into Network Admin concentration..? Need suggestions
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Passing the 4 exams before July (mind you taking in to account wgu's wait time for vouchers, and second attempt vouchers, posting scores, ect) if you haven't started studying by now is going to be real challenge. Also I don't know what real world experience you have with 08/R2 but It requires a lot of labbing regardless.

Switching to the Network admin is a solid goal, as you still get the same MSCA Server 2008, and a CCNA I believe.
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    nosoup4u wrote: »
    Passing the 4 exams before July (mind you taking in to account wgu's wait time for vouchers, and second attempt vouchers, posting scores, ect) if you haven't started studying by now is going to be real challenge. Also I don't know what real world experience you have with 08/R2 but It requires a lot of labbing regardless.

Switching to the Network admin is a solid goal, as you still get the same MSCA Server 2008, and a CCNA I believe.

Jeez im looking at your sig and youve already completed 54 cu's what classes have you already passed... That's a lot of CU's for one term...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.