Options

How did you get your current/last job?

Job board or Friend/Connection?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    My last two I found on Craigslist. It'll be interesting to see the results of this. You should make this a poll to gather better statistics!
  • Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A subcontractor found my resume from somewhere.......

List of place I had my resume:

DICE
    Careerbuilder
    Monster
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a family member working at the same company
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    I think there is already a poll going that was started a couple days ago on the same subject...
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There was a poll on which job board, which led to a lot of "through a friend" responses. I think this has merit as its own poll.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Good point!
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thru my community college, they are linked with a job board. I applied to two positions and both called back within a week. One hired me practically on the spot. I have no certifications as of yet, but I was a LAN admin on a Submarine for 2 years, and worked a few help desk jobs while in school getting my CS degree.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went in for an interview, job was posted on the company website.
    I did not get the job

I emailed the guy who I interviewed with about once a week. Letting him know that I am still interested in future positions and such.
    Eventually a spot opened and he gave it too me a few months later
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Should have both listed...

Current Job was posted on district web site while my former 2nd job was off of Dice.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    olaHalo wrote: »
    I went in for an interview, job was posted on the company website.
    I did not get the job

I emailed the guy who I interviewed with about once a week. Letting him know that I am still interested in future positions and such.
    Eventually a spot opened and he gave it too me a few months later

As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I answer a lot of questions on linkedin where requiters hang out and one of them contacted me.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

that was the plan. in the interview (2nd one) he mentioned how he knows i am under-qualified but he can tell from my constant harassment that i am motivated.
    shodown wrote: »
    I answer a lot of questions on linkedin where requiters hang out and one of them contacted me.
    What do you mean? Like recruiters messaged you on Linkedin? Or you post somewhere on there...
  • Options
    biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Current one I got from a recruiter friend. Upcoming permanent gig I got from a random recruiter call, plus I have a church buddy who is a SQL admin at the same place.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. Craigslist
    2. Linkedin (was contacted by recruiter)
    3. Linkedin-Current (was contacted by recruiter)
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Some of the linkedin groups some are pretty technical, so I have answered a few people's problems. Someone seen them and they in-boxed me and asked if I wanted to interview.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related