Options

Somehow I'm no longer a 2003 MCSA/MCSE....

Edit: this was a database error that is now fixed :)

Not sure what's happened? I checked with a friend of mine and he still has his 2003 certs.

See for yourself:

https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx

Transcript ID: 967283
passcode: jonbudzynski

Anyone else have this?

icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    It should be that way for all of us now. The 2003 and earlier MCSE have been redefined as Legacy certifications and moved to the Legacy area of your transcript.

Edit - I just checked my transcript and I don't have a Legacy section. I thought I read that the older certs would be collected in a different section of the transcript so that the new MCSEs would not be confused with the old MCSE. Maybe I am not remembering correctly or maybe Microsoft changed their mind.

I did look at your resume and see that you took the Windows 2000 workstation as your client or elective exam. I am pretty sure that since that exam retired before you completed the MCSE it doesn't actually count. I am not sure if any of your other exams count as an MCSE elective, since the Vista exam could be either a client or elective. Taking the 680 exam would probably get your MCSE and MCSA, but hurry before everything retires in July.
  • Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Thanks for your response Claymoore. I agree with your statement regarding the 2003 certifications; however I can absolutely confirm I was a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator and Systems Engineer in Windows Server 2003 when I last checked my transcript in Jan. I also own printed certificates, have old copies of my transcript, wallet cards etc.

Think it must just be a bug with my MCP account as I’ve also just noticed I don’t qualify for half of the Microsoft competencies I should have, which is very recent thing as I received competency alert emails yesterday.

Looks like a call to my regional service centre.
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm still showing as an MCSE/MCSA in 2003. But I'm going to miss my NT4 MCSE....that's what got this whole ball rolling. Ah well.

Could just be an oversight/error.
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My MCSE NT 4 is still showing up as well, but guess not for much longer?
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like they're doing some changes in prep for their newest developments.... I still have MCSA 2003 on there but the MCP is classified as legacy, not my MCSA just yet.
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    Most of my certs are still there, however the 271 has gone although the 272 is still showing for me. Something's afoot!
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Claymoore wrote: »
    but hurry before everything retires in July.

That's July, 2014 according to MS. I'm missing the 646 exam to become MCITP:SA, gotta get that quick for it to be worth anything.

"Legacy Microsoft Certifications will still appear on your transcript and will be designated as such."

Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    WiseWun wrote: »
    That's July, 2014 according to MS.

No, the 2003 exams (290, 291, 293, 294, and 297) and the 2008 upgrade exams (648, 649) are scheduled to retire on July 31, 2013. Some of the other MCITP exams and certs will be around for another year, but the MCSA/MCSE and upgrade exams will be done in 5 months.
  • Options
    I contacted the UK regional service center and they have confirmed it’s a database error. Hopefully when they fix this I’ll also be reinstated with the missing MPN competencies.

The regional service center was really helpful and friendly.
  • Options
    danielkimberlindanielkimberlin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When my newest MCTS posted my MCSA 2003 went away. it is not on my transcript and I can no longer download the MCSA logo. I called the service center and they said they would get it fixed. Still no luck after 3 days. I can now get the logo but no go on my transcript or printing/ordering certificates. I hope they get it straight.
  • Options
    Thanks for your message Daniel. I very recent passed a MCTS exam myself. Must have been a bug when the transcript updated.