Failed 70-270:Need Advice Please!!

Hey, sat n failed 70-270 yesterday wi a score of 697 icon_sad.gif Came straight home n ordered the sybex book Windows XP Pro Study Guide 3rd Edition. Has anyoneelse used this book and can u recommend any other materials to prepare me for the exam next time?

Thanks

Comments

• woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    That's really unlucky - but you will get it next time.

I used the Sybex book and the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/078973107X/qid%3D1124458096/202-9585433-6775833

It's just a load of test questions but it helped me a lot - anything I got wrong I looked up on www.microsoft.com/technet site ....

Good luck
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    dont worry dude, im in the same boat, i failed too, i have both books now and im reading them over and over, i think they both should be enought the pass the exam :)
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sybex and this site is what I used for this test.... so yes, you should be ok with the material you have chosen.

Better Luck next time!!!
  • JUSTONEFIXJUSTONEFIX Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That sucks big time!!. If you fail a test by such a close margin, can't you challenge any of the questions that you missed, just for the off chance that you miss something that you don't agree with? Even if it's only partial credit, it may make a differenece. icon_cool.gif
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also used the Sybex book, this site, and Transcender for this exam. I'm sorry you were so close to it. You'll get it next time. Good luck.
  • alpaisleyalpaisley Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Failed with 654. very p***ed will retake in October
  • RedrocketRedrocket Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Transcender, various study guides, OJT, etc.
    I did pass 70-270 the first time, but not by much. ( I have taken MS exams before)
    Now that you have experience taking the Microsoft Exams, you will know what to expect, and pass them on the first sitting too.
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Better luck next time. I used Sybex and Transcenders. I liked 'Learnkey' and 'CBT Nuggets' for video based training. Hope you make it next time round. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Jus a quick text 2 say thanks to everyone who replied with recommended links and resources etc!! Passed today with 763, really not great but iv worked hard. Sorry i didnt respond was too busy studyin n worryin lol! Not working in computing environment just now so was very pleased to pass. After 2 attempts at the exam i can see the advantage you have if u already working in the field but im determined to get there anyway!!Many questions on intricate switches etc

Thanks again

Ally
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    cant wait for sybex 270 book from Amazon.