Options

640-554 down!

chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
I just got back from the testing center and passed the Cisco 640-554. Today was the last day in my term for WGU to take the test for my class. I really enjoyed studying for this cert, and agree with some others that it leaves you hungrier for more. After my GCIA and GWAPT studies I will focus on CCNP : Security.

I ended up getting a 969 on the test and said holy **** out loud in the testing center icon_lol.gif, was just to excited from the score.

Materials used for the test:
OCG from Cisco press - great book, not only do they cover CCP very well but also put the cli command parallel to what you are doing in CCP

CBT nuggests - So glad they brought back the monthly subscription.

Also used Learnkey videos/test prep from the WGU courses.

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats and a pretty good score too!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass, and +1 for the CBT Monthly. Keith does pretty well explaining each topic. I hope to be taking the exam here in the next few weeks as well.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!
    At the end of this year, after completing my CCNP if I have time, then I'll also go for CCNA-Sec.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I'm enrolled in taking that one now. About how much studying did you put in for this one?
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    Started Feb1st, and sat the test feb 28th. Gave me enough time to read the OCG cover to cover and watch all cbt nugget videos and get familiar with CCP. I found this much easier than the CCNA, much like taking an easy ccna test with a security approach and mindset.

I really didn't use the course material videos(supplied by WGU), they were for the older 553 test. My course mentor said there was not much of a change, but I wanted newer material so I got the monthly subscription to CBT nuggets for 554 content.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I really liked the writing in the OCG
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm currently reviewing the CCNA: Sec material, and I was wondering how you were able to practice with CCP?

*Edit*
    I just read another thread and found out I could download CCP and run it in demo mode.
  • Options
    ScalesScales Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just be aware that in Demo mode the pop up to apply the config you have created doesn't pop up.