Another Passed - but barely!!!!

fire692fire692 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yikes a 721 but so relieved!!! I'm terrible at time management so my two months along with inconsistent study habits can be questioned.icon6.png

Study resources:
Kaplan Self Test Software - Practice Tests (This help me more in late 90's with A+ than now with Network + so I'd say wasted time by me).
New Horizons 5 Day course - (missed a couple of days so some more wasted resources).
Professor Messer - You Tubes and monthly study groups. (Free is excellent but Dr. Messer will be getting a check soon!).
LearnZapp N10-005 - iPhone and Android App. (Hands down winner for flash cards, study questions and practice tests made the difference for me.).

Without violating the NDA, the first three questions were simulation and not too difficult. I will say that I was so nervous that I forgot TP cable wiring colors and missed an easy question or two. icon8.png Everything else seemed balanced in comparison to the COMPTIA test guidelines but I did not see a single sub-netting question. There were at least 5 questions where the language made very little sense or were so vague that we just had guess. Apparently, I got one of these right....

In retrospect, I personally could have done better by scheduling this for a late morning exam coming off a full weekend of with 2-3 hours of cramming and rehashing but that is probably just me. I screwed up a bit by scheduling late in the week during normal work hours and had a poor night of sleep last night.

Enough about me, just keep studying and you'll pass... I can't help to say that reviewing the LearnZapp iPhone app flash cards while in the parking lot just before the test was the difference.

Someone else recently posted a wonderful reference to Dominic Torretto and Fast and Furious "win is a win"..
This was the first thing I though of when I saw my score.

On to Security + soon.

Thank you folks for a great information buffer with these boards.

Comments

• linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Congratulations on exam passed. We're right there behind you. :)
  • BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's great
    Congrats on the pass
    I just passed last month
    Also working on my security plus and 70-640
  • fire692fire692 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Baack wrote: »
    That's great
    Congrats on the pass
    I just passed last month
    Also working on my security plus and 70-640

Thank you to Baack and Linuxlover.....

Baack,

I am also on the 70-Windows trail except I am lower level (creating - capturing - deploying OS images for XP and Win7 for my company). I am scheduled for exam 70-680 end of March but struggling much more via MS concepts thus far.

Thank you again!
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    Congrats!
    Keep up the good work.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 70-680 is no joke
    One of my study mates had to take it three times to pass
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fire692 wrote: »
    Yikes a 721 but so relieved!!! I'm terrible at time management so my two months along with inconsistent study habits can be questioned.icon6.png

Study resources:
    Kaplan Self Test Software - Practice Tests (This help me more in late 90's with A+ than now with Network + so I'd say wasted time by me).
    New Horizons 5 Day course - (missed a couple of days so some more wasted resources).
    Professor Messer - You Tubes and monthly study groups. (Free is excellent but Dr. Messer will be getting a check soon!).
    LearnZapp N10-005 - iPhone and Android App. (Hands down winner for flash cards, study questions and practice tests made the difference for me.).

Without violating the NDA, the first three questions were simulation and not too difficult. I will say that I was so nervous that I forgot TP cable wiring colors and missed an easy question or two. icon8.png Everything else seemed balanced in comparison to the COMPTIA test guidelines but I did not see a single sub-netting question. There were at least 5 questions where the language made very little sense or were so vague that we just had guess. Apparently, I got one of these right....

In retrospect, I personally could have done better by scheduling this for a late morning exam coming off a full weekend of with 2-3 hours of cramming and rehashing but that is probably just me. I screwed up a bit by scheduling late in the week during normal work hours and had a poor night of sleep last night.

Enough about me, just keep studying and you'll pass... I can't help to say that reviewing the LearnZapp iPhone app flash cards while in the parking lot just before the test was the difference.

Someone else recently posted a wonderful reference to Dominic Torretto and Fast and Furious "win is a win"..
    This was the first thing I though of when I saw my score.

On to Security + soon.

Thank you folks for a great information buffer with these boards.
    Can you PM me more info on the performance based questions? I can provide you info on the secuirty +.
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads on the pass!!!

Also close doesn't matter I missed a cert once by 1 question, took it a few weeks later and blew it out of the water. It's really all about what you put into studying for the exam. I would also jump on Security+ right away. I took the Security+ six weeks after passing the Network+ and it helped. All the network stuff was fresh in my brain, and made learning the Security stuff that much easier.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A pass is a pass, congrats! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Congrat and yeah a pass is a pass. Nice job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Glad to hear that the LearnZapp N10-005 questions helped you pass.
  • fire692fire692 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you Darril and team. The kind words are appreciated!

I just purchased the iPhone app and the Get Certified/Ahead book for Security+ so I think we're going to try and knock this one out before Spring.

OmniMan, I am a bit concerned in PM'ing you with specific information or violating the NDA......

I will offer that at some point during the exam, we saw some pretty basic Wireless Access Point configuration items, some 568 pin color cabling questions along with some command line tools to help you identify network hops. :D

Peace!!