Options

CCNP Switch Scheduled! Take my notes!

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
I'm finally feeling confident enough to schedule the exam so I'm going in on 3/16.

What I used to study:
Official CCNP Switch Guide
Network Academy Book
INE Videos
Boson Simulator

I wrote about 100+ pages of notes between the two books

I take very verbose notes and anyone is welcome to them if they'd like them:
https://www.box.com/s/4zw3pgpfd68395n6pkfd
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Good luck with your exam!
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll knock it out of the park! I am taking the DCICN that same week..hopefully we both have good results!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Best of luck on the exam!Thank you very much for the notes, they're awesome icon_cheers.gif I'm starting my preparation for ROUTE but I will definitely use this for SWITCH right after that!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Thanks for the notes I will look them over as another source. Good luck with the exam I am sure you will be fine. I just scheduled mine yesterday for the 29th. Fingers crossed for both of us.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I forget, did you already take Route? Switch was good, everyone always forgets about L2 :)
  • Options
    union122union122 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck ! and thanks for the excellent notes.. Your notes will help me finalize my studying for switch.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you Iris. I am gonna save these for future use. Working on the route exam currently
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck, I'm sure you will pass!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I forget, did you already take Route? Switch was good, everyone always forgets about L2 :)

Haven't taken Route yet. That's actually next but I'm excited about it. It's something I need to get back into since getting my CCNA. I usually use BGP for site buildouts but hardly touch EIGRP or OSPF. That might be changing in my job very shortly so Route will definitely help
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    Good Luck on the test. I'm hopefully going to schedule Route for middle or end of this month. Just going through the proper channels at work so they will reimburse me.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Notes from the master of certifications!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    Good luck. I think you have more pages on your notes than Rene Molenaar's book.
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    thanks for the notes and more importantly, good luck!

J
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Awesome.

You should do well.

Depending on how things go across these next few days, I could be taking it soon also. (Was hoping to do it before February ended, but missed that, and I need to dig into a few more things that caught me off guard when I did a practice test.)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome and thanks for the notes! I know you will do fine! Post back soon with your passing score ;)
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    amee29amee29 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your exam. I see you are using the boson simulator. How do you like that for CCNP studies? I had considered it but it seems many frown on simulators for anything beyond CCNA.
  • Options
    My job allows me plenty of spare equipment to use while at work and I'm literally designing, configuring and troubleshooting switches and routers every day. The CCNP sim is nice for when I'm at home and want to have a little more organized and concised labbing but I definitely agree that its important to get your hands on real equipment. I'm writing this as I'm sitting in front of two 4510s, one ASR and a 6500 series switch. Work is a practical "lab" for me :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My job allows me plenty of spare equipment to use while at work and I'm literally designing, configuring and troubleshooting switches and routers every day. The CCNP sim is nice for when I'm at home and want to have a little more organized and concised labbing but I definitely agree that its important to get your hands on real equipment. I'm writing this as I'm sitting in front of two 4510s, one ASR and a 6500 series switch. Work is a practical "lab" for me :)

Lucky you! I am studying route right now so GNS3 works fine for me in that respect. I defiantly will need some equipment for switch.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    I'm going through your OCG notes right now (page 3/51). They seem to be quite "thorough" so far, which I like. Reading all of yours seems like it'd be the equivalent of going through the Quick Reference (except more in depth).

I have read the Chris Bryant/OCG/FLG/ & the Quick Reference, so my statement is based on the experience of having read these.

EDIT: The notes are really good. No need to nitpick, they're notes, not a thesis, and I'm getting some good out of them.

Thanks again!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the exam. I am going to take it in the end of March or beginning of April.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    Thanks for making your extensive notes of use to everyone. I'm currently studying for my CCNP switch,and these notes will be a great supplement to my current studies.

Let me ask you, any suggestions on studying?

I'm currently reading Foundations Learning Guide, and trying to watch a CBT video when i have a chance. What worked for you?
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scheduled my SWITCH on 9th April.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    Good luck on it, Sacredboy. It was by no means an "easy" exam but it was very relevant to my job so it was fun to study for. I'm having a harder time with Route since I don't get to be fancier with EIGRP and OSPF in my network implementations so it's all lab and less practical experience
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    mworwellmworwell Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the exam. I plan on taking Switch in the next month.

Thanks for the notes.
  • Options
    MatablaMatabla Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great notes Iris !!!! Same name as my lady .... Awesome , great use for it as am studying switch now and have a lab at home ..... What's better !!!!
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your exam. :)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    bimalnp4mebimalnp4me Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.. really appreciates..
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How is the Boson Simulator? The New Packet tracer 6.0 has been the best upgrade to packet tracer since it came out. You can finally do HSRP labs. Just wondering if the Boson is worth the money. I have my CCNP switch scheduled next month and Im always wonder what others study. The notes are pretty sweet! I feel like Im re-reading each chapter:D
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Worth the money? No. Not really but it's not bad at all. I sort of regretted buying Boson after I got it because I got a BUNCH of free equipment from my company while they were cleaning out storage so I really didn't end up using it as much as I should have but the examples and simulations aren't bad
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931