Options

Failed again :(

mpawlettmpawlett Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've just failed for the 3rd time today, and am so fed up. I've been using Windows for years now, starting with NT4, then 2000 and now 2003 (which I've been using for about 18 months)

First time I got 636, second 612, third 612. How???

I've put so much time and effort into studying, using the MS Press Book, then using the MS Press Review Exams and the Transcender exams to see if what I was learning was going in. I've also got a W2k3 server setup for breaking and fixing.

The thing is using the practise tests, I was achieving between 75-85%, and this wasn't by memorising the answers.

I really felt confident that I had passed today, but according to the results, I'm weak on Users/Groups. All other areas are strong. I've read the groups technotes on this site, but still can't quite get to grip with the ins and outs.

Frustrated
Martin

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    icon_cry.gif Sorry to hear that. It sounds very frustrating.

The MS Press books are good for this exam and so is Sybex.

I just wondered if this was your first MS Exam, if so then it can be quite daunting and hard to filter out the real facts from the extremely long questions.

It sounds like you have plenty of hands on experience, but maybe its nerves getting to you a bit.

Try re-evaluating your weak areas again....I know...its a pain, but I think this is the only way to get pass this or try investing in some new materials.

Your nearly there..........so don't lose hope.

Good Luck for next time.

Chin up :)
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    mpawlettmpawlett Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've done a couple of exams before, win2k and isa2k - and I passed them fine - but they were using the 'old testing system'. So I'm used to the exams.

I don't think I have a problem with the simulation questions.

The thing is I'd like to have a break of a few weeks, and then study for this one again, but in reality I think I'm best studying again straight away, and try and take the test again in a few weeks.

Martin
  • Options
    DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I my self failed this test 4 times, but the fifth time now I AM going to pass.

I can understand why you failed even though you took practice tests, MS are really good at confusing people in their questions, feels somewhat frustrating and even a little unfair as everyone in the world don't have english as their native language, that makes it really hard for me atleast as I easily get confused with their mumbojumbo questions.

One other thing about MS questions they can ramble a question for 5-10 lines or even more about a scenario and you get your mind into the scenario, and all of a sudden the actual question come, and has NOTHING to do with the scenario painted up for you.
    Exampel:

You are the ONLY admin of a Single Active Directory Domain Forest

You have 2000 servers and 50 000 clients running in 4500 different cities around the world, you use tunneling with ipsec between the cities, in one of the cities there are a a very dissatisfied employee with vast knowledge of hacking, he is currently on a strict diet containing only Jolt Cola and fat free pizza.
    (and now comes the real question)
    What color shoes should you ware at your mothers birthdayparty???
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    hahah the questions are similiar like he saids above! Microsoft will beat you down. Buy the exam cram 2 book and that should help you out :D
  • Options
    rjpawrjpaw Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel your pain... well sort of. I took this test back in June and thankfully passed it but I remember one question in particular: I can't remember what the question exactly said but there was a line similar to "You want your Partner's Parnter's network connection to connect to your Partner's Network connection." At this point I was in the middle of my test, after two simulation questions, and my brain was just not getting it. Took me about 15 minutes of reading the whole question over and over again and drawing it out to finally understand what they were asking for. Left a comment for that question at the end of the test asking MS if they had someone writing these questions who took english as a second language recently.
    So far with two tests for 2003 under my belt, I don't think I've finished a test with more than 25 minutes remaining. Good luck to you, just hang in there, take your time and read the questions slowly. If you get stuck on something, check it, and review it at the end of the test if you're worried about time. Hang in there, I'm sure you can get it done.