Wireless management and planning

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Any one use WISM2 modules for the 6500's, and if so what do you use to manage your wireless? Particularly around guest access and Captive portals? is this something the controls can handle or does Cisco PRIME manager software support?

Also what software do people use for wireless planning for new buildings? I have wireless survey software for checking, but I need some thing I can put in floor plans and RF interference values and get a estimate of coverage for use during early planning stages.

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We use WiSM2s for the campus and WLCs for the residences. The other guy that I am trying to learn wireless from is using AirMagnet for site survey and for planning.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We use WiSM2s for the campus and WLCs for the residences. The other guy that I am trying to learn wireless from is using AirMagnet for site survey and for planning.

Cheers,

I just go 2 WISM2, and have about a year to develop a world leading staff and guest access solution. Might sound a long time but its the 50 other projects that go along side it that will be fun!

IF you ever want to lean about networking, take on a complete network refresh of a research institute. great cause I get to research design and deploy every system :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your wireless project! I have yet to learn wireless networking. Funny, I bought three CWNP Sybex books a couple of years ago and never really opened it other than few chapters of CWNA book! Hah! Guess I am really interested in learning it! :)