Programming Language?

Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have been learning Java since school, but afterwards started with A+, N+, MCSE 2003 and MCITP: EA. The little time I had I continued with java on my own. I have 1 exam left for the MCITP and decided to dedicate my next learning curve into coding. Just would like some input at what language most of you use as the primary language and how many love to cross platform between language? What code is worth dedicate first.

Thanks.
"Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
2013/2014 Certifications
CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.

Comments

• linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    I don't think anybody can give you an answer, it all depends on what are you trying to accomplish. Different tasks require different approaches.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Most of my interest with programming is with system utilities and lower-level OS tools so I stick with C. For cross-platform stuff or tools that need a gui, I have used Java in the past. The choice of language depends on what you want to use your programming skills for.
  • psiebertpsiebert Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like they said, totally depends on what you are doing. My primary language is PHP, but I don mostly web based stuff. I know a little JAVA, and think that its totally worth learning if you have the time and energy. If you're talking cross platform compat, i'd say JAVA is a big winner, but other languages can do more in terms of capability.
  • rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    C/C++ skills are valuable.. once you know this, you can acquire Java knowledge relatively easily. Web programming is a different story..