CCDA Passed!

The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just came back from the Pearson Vue testing center and glad to report that I passed the 640-864 exam. Not a strong pass but I will take it anyway. I really need to resume my CCNP Route studies. Seven weeks of exam prep using the CCDA 640-864 Official Certification Guide, Cisco Design Zone Case studies, various Cisco white papers, and Boson Ex-Sim Max. If its in your study budget, I would highly recommend the Boson CCDA Practice exams to Identify your weak areas before tackling the actual exam.

In my opinion, the CCDA OCG is not enough for someone like me with very little to no network design experience. It should be supplemented with the FLG as well. I took a break from CCNP route and tackled the CCDA because I just landed a Network Engineer gig and will be part of the network deployment team. I had hoped to get more out of the CCDA but I will likely pursue the ARCH exam after wrapping up the CCNP.

Comments

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif

Eh, a pass is a pass lol.

Good luck on your next pursuit!
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats, good luck on continuing ROUTE!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • RICARDOADRIANO3XRICARDOADRIANO3X Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+