Options

Advise from CCSA and CCSE's out there?

mrbritesidezmrbritesidez Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I usually don't post, because I usually find that others have thoroughly covered the subject that I am looking for. That is how I managed to get my Network+, CCNA, ITIL, GCIH and just three days ago the CEH. This forum does a valuable job of saying what works and what doesn't work. With this in mind I would like ask the CCSAs and the CCSEs a couple of questions.

What books, PDF or other piece of information of information did you read to prepare for this exam?

What type of equipment, emulator, simulator or vmware environment did you setup to practice for this exam?

What practice test did you purchase for this exam ?

What worked or didn't work for you?

My current testing plan looks like the following, but it feels rather lite:
Official Checkpoint material
Elearn Checkpoint Lab
Boson, iPass4sure practice test

Could anyone out there help me add some extra meat to it so that I can get a better understanding of Checkpoint and at the same time get prepared for the CCSA/CCSE.

Comments

• Options
    Chard26Chard26 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

As i work in a Checkpoint House I have access to the official Training Guides (R70 - R75 SA and SE) and the ISO's from usercentre.

There is nothing more that I can add to your list other than labbing as much of it as you can. Testing ClusterXL, VRRP ect.....

What type of equipment, emulator, simulator or vmware environment did you setup to practice for this exam?
    I use VMWare and the iso's

What practice test did you purchase for this exam ?
    There are practice exams on Checkpoint website available to download

What worked or didn't work for you?
    Worked ? Labbing, labbing and more labbing and CBT nuggets