Resume Critique

brobertsbroberts Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I've been passing my resume out for the last couple of weeks and still haven't got any bites. Not sure if this is due to lack of time or the resume. Hope you guys can take a look at my resume and provide some feedback.
[Name]
[Address] · [Phone #] · [Email][/email]

Summary of Qualifications

Operating Systems and Software
Windows (98, ME, XP, 2003, Vista, 7 and 8, Mac OS X, Linux, VMWare, VirtualBox, Microsoft Office, Open Office, Adobe Photoshop, Network Packet Analyzers
Networking and Programming
Wireless 802.11, Security Protocols (WEP, WPAv1, WPAv2, TKIP), RADIUS Authentication, 802.11x, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (RIP, RIPv2, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF), Static Routing, DHCP, NAT, PAT, CHAP, Subnetting, VLSM Network Design, ACL, VLAN, VPN, SMTP, Basic Security Standards, Cisco IOS, JAVA, HTML
Hardware
Gateways, Routers, Layer-2 and Layer-3 Switches, Load Balancers, Wireless Access Points, and Wireless Controllers. Worked with huge array of manufacturer equipment, including Cisco, Nomadix, Aruba, HP, Motorola, Elfiq, SonicWall, Smoothwall and more.

Education

Western Governor’s University [February, 2013 – 2014]
§ Projected graduation early-2014 with B.S. in Network Administration
State College [January, 2010 – December, 2012]
§ 3.4 GPA over 62 credit hours
High School [August, 2000 – May, 2004]
§ College Preparatory Degree with Distinction

Employment History

Technical Manager
WiFi Company [June, 2011 – Present] City, State
Provided and supported wireless and wired enterprise network solutions at over 8000+ locations. Direct technical manager for hotel vertical. Team consists of 15 technicians that are charged with providing support and troubleshooting for any down equipment at over 500 hotels across the country. Responsible for any high priority issues and creating training documentation and protocols for hotels vertical. Also involved in coaching and directly training hotels team, as well as support team that consists of 60+ technicians. Frequently involved in extensive troubleshooting, remote and on-site installs and fixes.
§ Voted by peers as Tech of the Month for the month of January 2012
Rank – Job Title
United States Army Reserve [March, 2011 – Present] City, State
Trained as United States soldier and construction equipment engineer. Trained in all systems of four-wheeled vehicles and how to properly troubleshoot and fix malfunctions. Continue to perform various battle drills and duties.
§ Received the Army Achievement Medal for obtaining Distinguished Honor Graduate during Army Advanced Individual Training.
§ Elected by my peers, and won the Leadership Award during Army Advanced Individual Training.
Field Technician
IT Company [December, 2006 – November, 2009] City, State
Provided standard computer and home network solutions for home and small businesses. Including anything from virus removal, workstation assembly, setting up wired and wireless home networks and basic security solutions for home and small business networks.

Comments

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    My intention isn't to be discourteous, but I started to read it & didn't want to finish.

It's too blinding! You desperately need some line breaks, IMHO.

Also, where is your objective??
  • DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't put objective on your resume. You should do a summary because your skill don't tell what job you want to do. Next I would put rank-job title under the Army Reserve title.

United States Army Reserve [March, 2011 – Present] City, State
    Rank – Job Title
    Same for the rest of your employment information.I would separateNetworking and Programming into own grouping.