Options

Interview with Cargill

Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
I have an interview with Cargill for a Help Desk/Jr Admin position this week here at their Miami office. I was wondering if anyone had any experience working for them and would like to share some info. Cargill is the world's largest private company in terms of revenue ($113B/yr) and if publicly traded would rank #13 on the Fortune list. So yea, wearing a suit to this one. icon_cool.gif

I am meeting with 4 interviewers for this position and was told that I have the best chances out of 3 candidates.
What kind of questions am I going to expect? What should I brush up on. Are there going to be plenty of non-IT questions?

Thanks.
2019 Goals
CompTIA Linux+
[ ] Bachelor's Degree

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not sure what you should expect but congrats on getting the interview and goodluck
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd expect a few non-IT questions, things like - how will you handle a difficult customer, how did you handle a difficult situation, how will you go about a particular scenario, when would you escalate a call/ticket. Is this a Windows or a nix admin job? Good luck either way mate! Show your enthusiasm and be yourself. Interview them as much as they interview you, two-way street right?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Its a windows environment I believe.

Does working for such a big company allow much room for internal growth (move to networking)?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Yeah large companies have room for internal growth but there may be other people in front of you. Another possible hurdle could be HR's policies, but it depends on the company and this one may turn out right for you. Take the job if you like it, do it for a year or so and if you dont see a chance to move into something you like, get out of there.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    What kind of policies for example?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    I GOT THE JOB! WOOOOO! $19.24 an hour in Miami. Which is alot per cost of living as I just moved from NYC where I worked for $15 an hour.
    I had interviews with 4 different people. The best tip I can give for interviews is to not just say you have this skill or that skill, but to rather show examples of those attributes within your last positions. Always try to showcase your communication and personal soft skills as it helps clear the divide of technical and non technical which many companies desire.

I've never worked at a corporation, let alone a 100 Billion dollar one!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Done well mate, congratulations!! What are you going to be working on and when do you start?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey - congrats! I read a little bit about Cargill. What an interesting company... A 133Billion dollar in sales private company - wow. Hope you enjoy the new job.
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Done well mate, congratulations!! What are you going to be working on and when do you start?

I start next Monday. It will mostly be low level desktop support. From the looks of things, I have alot of room within the company to transfer to new positions or even branches. The pay is just ridiculous as I dont even have my Associates yet!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Make the most of it!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the new job!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    icon_cheers.gif Congrats & good luck!