Anybody attenting VMWorld 2013 this year ?

JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
So, its time of the year to get paperwork going for early bird pricing, and I was wondering if anybody else is going to go to the VMworld this year ?

I found it to be quite useful, even so that i was exhausted by day 3 - it was my first VMworld trip and i was attending 4-6 sessions a day- and did not even had a chance to see the SF.

Comments

• Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    I'll be there this year. My attendance has just been approved!

It will be my first VMworld and I'm quite excited!
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I won't this time. VMware isn't happening for us. And SF is reallllly expensive. But I will go for Spiceworld 2013 in Austin instead.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm trying to. It didn't work out last year, and this year i think I could swing it, but I'm still weighing whether I think I'll still be at this company by the time VMworld rolls around. I'd really feel like a heel if I talked the PTB's into paying for it, and then me jumping off the ship right before or right after.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'll attend if I get my defense design done & VMware accepts it.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
    Tip: Consider using an alternate/secondary email to sign up if possible. Months later and I am still getting emails from people or businesses at that event. And I even unsubscribed from a lot of them. I was also afraid to answer the phone for the remainder of 2012 because of all the sales people calling.

Every time you go to a booth you'll get scanned. And you'll likely be too busy drinking beer, grabbing swag or checking out the eye candy to care about all the emails/calls you'll eventually get. icon_cool.gif
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Man and I thought LinkedIn was bad for cold calls. Good idea on the alternate account.

I was hoping to go this year, but I have some things that will conflict with that schedule unfortunately.
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    I wont be able to attend VmWorld this year, unfortunately. Still, i would suggest to exchange phone # or email to those who are going. VMworld is a place where you network a lot.
    Looks like I may be going after all.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    If you are going, sign up for Uber. Way better than using a taxi. You can probably find someone on the VMworld social site with links for a discount on the first ride. That's what I did last year.

Also, avoid the tenderloin area of SF! Avoid the Hotel Metropolis!
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Also, avoid the tenderloin area of SF! Avoid the Hotel Metropolis!

I had to google that. Yikes!. Looks like I should look for lodging south and east of Market Street, or find something further out and catch a cab.
    IT guy since 12/00

Don't use a cab. Use Uber. Costs about the same, but much easier, more techy and you generally ride in German luxury cars or Cadillacs. :D
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wish they had VMworld in the Asia Pacific region, I bet the market is sizable enough to warrant the event in this part of the world. Till then it's just the VMUG's and the symposiums for us icon_sad.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com